Wednesday 1 April 2015

Workbench 010415

The daily painting session is producing just over 1 completed model a week so far this year (though of varying quality...) The latest finished is a warrior priest (Edan, the Cleric) from Legion of the Cow Predictably this was another Kickstarter derived miniature, one of a handful I bought from their project last spring. I don't have any wip shots from this but the resin cast was very good, easy to clean up, very detailed.


Geralt - almost.


There were three elements I wanted to try to capture on this model - the contrast between cloth types, the osl from the flame and the motion of the piece. The latter handled itself - this is a very good sculpt. I'm not happy with the flame - the red to black transition is too harsh. And the cloth is kind of okay, but the jerkin looks too glossy and the shoulder pads too matt.
I wasn't going to let myself just stick this one on a clear base (and I didn't buy it as a gaming mini anyway - although when Mantic's dungeon saga ships it might have a role there), so I painted a rock grey...




Currently in progress: along with a couple of mini's from Aetherium, I'm still working through Taban's Escape models, these two are wip (and with all these I've been trying to match the card art):



That's gonna be a lot of nmm... 

Next up: I've been trying to have one challenging model on my desk in parallel to the tabletop standards etc - I've mainly used Kingdom Death stuff for this so far. The paint jobs on these have been aspirational - none have hit the target yet but they've been getting better. I couldn't decide which to choose next for this so I'm going to try having three on the corks at once - and make it a skin tone project:

The challenge...

So here we have an Ax-Drune from Mierce (resin), the Kickstarter exclusive Male Barbarian from Minx Studios/Legion of the Cow (resin) and the Kingdom Death Architect Pin-up. That's a lot of flesh...




No comments:

Post a Comment